Thursday, September 20, 2012

Amanda's Kitchen Bridal Brunch Shower

Amanda's Kitchen Bridal Shower Brunch
 
:
Last weekend, I was honored to host a Bridal Shower for my niece, Amanda.  My co-hostesses, and I, decided to make it a "Kitchen" themed brunch.  I haven't been very creative, lately.  But, suddenly I got inspired! hahaha  After seeing all the darling "retro" decorations on pinterest, I decided to give it a whirl!  Now, mind you, I have been doing paper "pom poms" and "fans" since I was in elementary school....everything old is new again, so they say!
 
 
As one of our gifts for the shower, we ordered the most darling white apron, and had it embroidered with red letters.
 
 
 
 
That's where the whole "red white Apron" theme took off.....
 
 
My daughter made the cutest Apron Invitations:
 
 
I decided to try my hand at a cupcake liner garland.  Now, I love, love, love some of the garlands, I have seen....but, I also love, love, love being different!  hahaha  So here is my apron-esque spin on a cupcake liner garland:  Super Simple, Super cheap...and I think it turned out cute as it can be!
 

 
 
 
Sorry for the quality of the pics!  I'm working from an Iphone, with not so great room lighting...
 
After I finished the cupcake garland, I wanted something bigger, for a banner with her name. It also had to stay in line with our whole apron theme.   I grabbed a package of long red napkins, a package of summer clearance gingham napkins, and some paper doilies:
 
 
 
And, last...I wanted to try my hand at some small paper pom-poms.  I took one of the gingham clearance napkins. It was 2-ply, meaning that the top layer of paper had the checked design, and the back layer of paper was white.  I separated the 2 layers, and made a checked pom-pom and a white one, with 1 napkin:
 
 
 
I did a couple other decorating items, but forgot to take pictures.  I'll see if anyone else happened to snap them.  If so, I'll post them.
 
Till next time!
 
These are for my Pinterest pins:









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment